Tackling The Human Aspect Of Cyber Security
As the legal industry has become increasingly digitised, it becomes even more susceptible to the threat of a debilitating data breach. Law practices are a potential goldmine for cyber criminals, with confidential client records offering rich pickings.
The 3 biggest cyber threats facing the legal industry
While the root causes of today’s scams might be the same, they come cloaked in fresh guises designed to fool those wise to the scams of yesteryear. Knowing the guises makes them easier to spot and, by extension, easier to disarm.
Legal Cyber Security Threat Guide
There are hundreds of different ways in which your firm's data and its ability to do business may be compromised by cybercrime. We list the threats most pertinent to legal firms, providing case studies of previous cyberattacks on real firms.
Frequently Asked Questions
• How do I facilitate remote working for our users whilst maintaining security?
• What is MFA?
• Can I use my own home wifi as internet?
• Can I use a personal computer at home?
• Can you recommend secure video conferencing platforms?
• How can I ensure our users are actually working securely,
• How do we best work in line with the courts?
• Do we still need to report breaches during the pandemic?
• I have lot’s of data stored in different places, is this okay?
• Are Dropbox and Zoom safe?
• Is there anywhere we can get any training on this?
• I don’t know if I am working compliantly with GDPR, how do I find out?
• Should I be printing documents at home?
• How can we improve or update our current remote access solution?
• Our infrastructure is dated and doesn’t support the latest applications - what do we do?
• How can we best integrate new solutions to old systems?
• Our connectivity is limiting users’ access, how can we improve availability?
• What is the most secure way of staying connected?
Watch the recording of our webinar on the 18th June 2020.
Data security is important for any business but, for legal firms, the ...
The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown many businesses into having to ...
There have been many unfortunate occurrences since the emergence of ...