GDPR & Managing your reputation
Location : Quadrant Chambers, London
Date : Thursday 24 May 2018
Time : 08:00
Managing your reputation in the face of growing cyber-attacks and data protection regulation: it’s all about your people and their behaviours.
The reality is that the majority of data breaches succeed because of our human error – the unwitting actions of anyone in your firm. Our people and their behaviours must sit at the heart of our response to the cyber and data protection risks we face. In this vital area of staff training the typical ‘all staff, once a year’ approach, does not influence or sustain long-term behaviour change. We need a different and effective approach. One that moves beyond the annual ‘tick-box’ approach and provides the simple, practical guidance everyone needs in ways that truly engage all our people. At this briefing you will hear about the challenges the legal sector faces in developing and sustaining resilient behaviours and what good can look like.
Sprout IT have teamed up with AXELOS RESILIA® and a selection of speakers to discuss life after data security and what the day to day practice of data protection looks like for chambers and law firms after the effective date of GDPR.
- From 8am - Breakfast, coffee and refreshments will be provided
- 8.30 - Panel session discussion 'It's all about your people and their behaviours' with Nick Wilding, Richard Knowlton, Neil Brown and Ian Bernhardt followed by a Q&A
- 9.20 - GDPR Q&A
- 9.45 - Networking
- Nick Wilding, Head of Cyber Security, cyber resilience expert, AXELOS, part of Capita
- Richard Knowlton, security expert, former Group Security Director at Vodafone, Chairman of RKA
- Ian Bernhardt, GDPR expert, Head of Governance & Compliance at Sprout IT
- Matt Torrens, legal IT expert, Manging Director at Sprout IT